September 10, 2015

Strangely Dim

I love it when God speaks to me, and it's usually through music. Yesterday morning I heard a song on the radio (Strangely Dim by Francesca Battistelli). When it came to the chorus, I started tearing up. I couldn't figure out why. Didn't think too much of it. Today on my way home from work, the same song came on the radio, and I started tearing up again when it came to the chorus. Still not sure why, but I figured God was trying to get my attention.
Over the past several weeks, I've really been trying to put my focus on God. It's been a real struggle. I've had complications at work that were totally out of my control; this past week I've been sick but still went to work because you gotta do what you gotta do. I know that this past week especially I have taken my eyes off God. I've been focusing on the fact that I'm sick and still have to work and take care of Jabin. It's so easy to throw a pity party for yourself when stuff like that happens, but we shouldn't. After hearing this song over the past couple days, I realized that's what I had been doing. When we focus on God like we're supposed to, our perspective changes and things don't look quite so bad.
I am SO blessed. Even though I haven't felt the greatest, I've still been able to get out of bed in the mornings, and God has sustained me throughout the days while I've been at work. Each morning this week I woke up feeling a little better than the day before. That's a God thing. Sometimes God brings hard times into your life to show you what you can do with him or him through you. Whichever way you want to look at it. I know God has great things in store for me. Like I've said before, my desire is to help people, and I really look forward to seeing how he is going to use me. There are a lot of hurting people out there who are just looking for somebody to LISTEN to them, with their undivided attention. God, I want to be that kind of person. I know what it feels like to feel like nobody cares. I was at that point for most of my life. It is a lonely place to be. If you are there right now, I want you to know you are NOT alone.
Father, help me reach out to those who need to feel Your love. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment