August 9, 2015

I'm still here. I promise

I had not realized it had been so long since I had written a new blog post. Almost a year. That is FAR too long. No wonder why I was feeling the itch to write again. lol  I'm still here though. I promise.  Last fall was such a challenging time for me. God slammed so many doors shut in my face, but He had to because I wouldn't have moved otherwise.  I can't believe it has been almost a year since our pastor left.  I still keep in touch with him from time to time, giving him updates on how we (my son and I) are doing.

Last fall was really a testing of my faith. God brought me through that really difficult time to see if I could really trust Him.  I THINK I passed.  I guess I probably did because He brought me to where I am now.  After many months of praying and looking for a new job, I found one. The story is actually a pretty cool story. I still remember it pretty vividly.

At the end of January, I saw an ad in the newspaper for a job with Head Start.  I had no idea what the job entailed, but I really felt God saying to apply for it so I got my resume all updated and sent it in. A week later I got a call for an interview.  A week after that, I had the interview. The interview in itself was pretty amazing. The conversation I had with the lady doing the interview just flowed. We connected right away.  By the end of the interview, I think we both felt pretty good about it.  She offered me the job on the spot, and I accepted. Then, we discussed my start date.  We both agreed that I would start March 2nd.  Now, came the task of finding a place to live. About a week later I found an ad in the newspaper for a house. I called the lady up and asked her if I could come look at it. The guy that had lived there before had JUST moved out.  She said I could so my mom and I went to look at it.  It is a tiny house, but I figured it would be perfect for my son and I. I decided it would be a good place to live so I gave her the deposit and first month's rent. The next week we were moving stuff in. Everything just happened so smoothly.  I still had no idea what I was going to be doing at this job, but I quickly learned.  I know God has me in this position for a reason. I'm not really sure what exactly that reason is, but I like my job. I like my co-workers, and I like the families I work with.  I also really like the fact that I'm helping families who have had similar problems to me.  "Helping People, Changing Lives".  That's the simplified version of the company's motto. I love it.

Anyway, I've been pretty busy this summer. Had quite a few adventures in the past month or so and a couple more to go this month. I'll have to post about that some time later.  Just wanted to check in with you all really quick and let you know I haven't forgotten about my blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love when you can feel lead by God in changes of our life. It makes more sense and gives comfort.

    ReplyDelete