January 29, 2014

The Awe Factor of God

I have to tell you that the past week has been pretty difficult for me. When I started writing more frequently in this blog again, I felt Satan starting to attack me. He started putting frustration in my head and doubts and all sorts of things that do not belong there. My flesh and my spirit have really been battling. I decided to take a day this week to just spend time one-on-one with God. At first, it was easy. Then, it got really hard, but after that, God really blessed me. After I finally let go of something that was really bothering me, God met me and.. it was amazing. I still smile when I think about it. Just feeling God's presence surrounding me is such a wonderful feeling. It's like you feel like you're glowing or something. That “high”, as we Christians like to call it, lasted for about a day. Then, Satan started attacking me again with frustration. I know that there is a reason for this struggle I am facing right now. I just don't know what it is yet. I thought about not writing about this, but I felt like it was important for me to share with you my struggles so you know you are not alone. The Christian life is going to be hard at times, but we have to remind ourselves that the end prize is absolutely worth it. There are days when I can't wait to get to Heaven because I'm struggling so much or just being impatient. There are other days, though, when I'm excited about what God is doing in my life, and I want the whole world to know. Regardless of whether I am having a good day or a bad day, I remind myself that God is still there with me, and He will never leave me. All I have to do is truly seek Him, and He's right there, waiting for me with open arms. When I think about that, it almost makes me giddy, and that is the best feeling in the world. Way better even than feeling loved by a spouse or a parent or a child. To think that the Creator of the universe is madly in love with you and will never leave you is... beyond words.


I'm going to try to post a link below that Francis Chan did. It shows how vast the universe is. When you see that and then think about just how much God loves you... your mind will be blown.


No comments:

Post a Comment