January 12, 2014

Love is All We Need

You know, maybe the Beatles were right when they sang that “all we need is love”.  I would agree that all we need is love, but I'm sure my definition of love is totally different than theirs.  To me, true love comes only from God.  He is the only one that will love us unconditionally.  In fact, He is also the only one who can truly fulfill our longings.  Think about it.  You can have as many material possessions in this world that you could ever want, but would you really be happy? Would you be filled with joy and peace?  I think not. How many celebrities do we hear about who have every kind of worldly possession you could ever want who commit suicide or turn to drugs?  Material things do not create happiness.  Having other people love you doesn't even bring true happiness.  True happiness comes when we are in communion with our Heavenly Father.  I've been down many roads in my past, but the only road that has ever given me purpose, fulfillment, peace and overflowing joy is being in the presence of my Heavenly Father because, really, all we need is His love.  Everything else pales enormously in comparison to that.  If you are struggling right now, seek the Father.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:  He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.  Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. (Psalm 37: 4-7)

Did I mention that God's longing is for us to long for Him? Something to think about.

Check out the video below. GREAT song.



No comments:

Post a Comment