November 18, 2013

Focus

I have to admit to you that I have been very disappointed in myself lately because my focus has not been where it needs to be. I did so well this summer with reading my Bible and praying every day. I loved that time I had with God, but... as soon as I got a job that made it difficult to keep up with that, I quickly stopped. I still struggle with trying to get back into reading my Bible and spending regular times with God, and it's been over 3 months, almost 4.
I have found myself more preoccupied with other things that are really not that important. I won't go into details, but it's nothing "bad". I am just finding myself so frustrated right now because things are not going my way, and I can't seem to find my way back to where I was at the beginning of the summer. I just feel rather lifeless. I hate that feeling. I know God is still with me and will never leave me, but I miss that close connection with Him.
I really have no advice for anybody going through this because I obviously have not figured this out myself.  I really want to use this blog to encourage people, but at this point, I'm not sure how.
My life is rather boring and uneventful right now, and I don't feel like God is really speaking to me about anything yet I really want to be an encouragement to others. SOOOOOOOO if you are reading this and need somebody to talk to, leave me a comment below, and I will get back to you. I have a strong desire to help others, and frankly, I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job of that right now.
I try not to judge others because I have done some pretty horrible things myself. Divorce is not really favored in the Christian community, and I have often felt ashamed of myself and my situation, but I have come to realize that God still loves me and has forgiven me and that's really all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes when we find ourselves drifting, knowing we are not where we want to be or should be but feel stuck, we have to co something different. Something intentional our change likely won't happen. For myself I find that sometimes or more likely most of the time, I have to set my alarm, doesn't really make a difference if it is morning or night but it has to be a reoccurring reminder that what ever I am doing I need to stop and spend time with God. When you do, it is amazing what a difference a daily time with God makes. Even if at first it feels like duty, it will soon become something you look forward to.

    ReplyDelete