Before I go on let me recap for you a little of what God has taken me through in the past two months.... lol
- surrendering all (especially my son)
- God revealing to me how prideful I've been and being totally humbled by it
- nearly getting stranded on my way back from Lincoln because my car was acting up
- my car dying on me while stopped at a red light and not starting for another hour
- having to rely on friends to help me about with above problem because all my family were gone
- having Jabin scare the heck out of me because he was in so much pain (still don't know what caused that)
- not being able to pay my bills
- having my house broken into (it took me a couple weeks before I started staying at my house again. I just started spending the night here last week).
Right now I am looking into the possibility of moving to a bigger town in Nebraska. I've been looking for jobs in a couple different areas, and I kinda feel God leading to one specific town, but I want to make sure that it's really God's leading so... I have a prayer request. Please be praying that I will have discernment as to what is from God and what is not and that I will follow God's leading and not be afraid. A lot of times I let my fear get in the way. I don't want to do that. I was told twice today by two different people only a few minutes apart that maybe I just need to get moving and God will meet me there. (Better make that three people. The pastor mentioned it in his sermon today too.) God doesn't want us to just sit still and wait. Most of the time he calls us to move and then he'll make His move. It's so hard to take that first step though when you have no idea what will happen.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future. Then, you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13 These verses have been my theme verses for the past few months, especially the last verse. My desire has just been to seek God with all my heart. It has not been easy, but it is totally worth it.