October 23, 2009

update on my situation

I just wanted to let you all know what has been going on this week for me. I also want to thank all of you who have been praying for me and my family. Those prayers mean a lot to me, and I think they may just be what is keeping me going. So, anyway, on with the update.

On Monday, I started spotting very very lightly. Tuesday it got a tiny bit heavier. Then, on Wednesday it went from really light to really heavy in a matter of maybe two hours or so. This continued for like three hours with no letting up so I called the OB clinic in North Platte to see if it was normal. The lady I talked to told me to get there as soon as possible so I told Jon Paul (who just happened to be home sick that day) and we got Jabin ready and after having some hang ups in McCook left for North Platte in not so pleasant weather. We finally got to the clinic in North Platte, and by that time I was afraid to move because I had been bleeding so badly so Jon Paul went in and told them that, and they told us to go to the ER so... we finally made it into the ER after driving around the hospital for a few minutes since their ER doors were locked and JP couldn't find a way in. I get in the ER room, and I have a doctor come in and do an exam on me. He said I was bleeding moderately so by this time I must have started slowing down on the bleeding a little bit. They took some blood work on me and got me cleaned up a little bit. Then, I eventually had to go get an ultrasound to see if there was anything still in my uterus. There was so the OB doctor came in and told me they were going to do a D & C on me to finish cleaning out whatever was still in my uterus. We had gotten to North Platte at three pm and around 7 or so they came in to get me ready for the procedure. They gave me some stuff for my stomach so it wouldn't get upset while I was under anesthesia. Then, they took me to the ER and the last thing I remember is them telling me to breathe deeply. Next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery coughing from the tube they had stuck down my throat. (I'm still doing with a scratchy throat). I was in recovery for like an hour and a half before I was released to go home. The bleeding is much lighter, but boy did I start hurting yesterday. I woke up from a nap yesterday afternoon and felt like I had been ran over by a Mac truck. My body hurt from head to toe. I do feel better today. Thank goodness. I'm still a little sore, but mostly tired. Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I know I still have a long haul ahead of me. I'm just thankful Jon Paul's family will be getting here tomorrow. I am so excited to see them, especially his mom. I'm looking forward to some R & R.